Feb 8 2015
(Top,L-R) Sad, Focused, Flirty; (Bottom,L-R) Angry, Confident, Playful
6 out of the 16 Sims 4 base game emotions can be influenced by Emotional Paintings: Sad, Angry, Confident, Playful, Flirty and Focused.
While creating these paintings, the first five types increase the Painting skill, while the Focused “Mathematical Diagram” builds the Logic skill instead.
Emotional Paintings give off Auras which can be manually enabled or disabled by the player. Depending on the painter’s skill, the Aura strength can be Ambience 2, 4, 6 or 9.
|Focused Decor Moodlets
(+1) no border;
(+2) white border;
(+3) white border & glow effect; (when viewed) “Centered By Art”
For example, one Playful painting with Ambience 4, with aura turned on, is sufficient to give the (reasonably small) room a “Playful +1” buff. A Confident painting with Ambience 9, with aura turned on, gives the (reasonably small) room a “Confident +2” buff.
+1 Buff: Min Ambience 4
+2 Buff: Min Ambience 9
The larger the room, the higher total Ambience is required.
For the “+3” buff, I had a small room (3×4 squares) filled with 11 Mathematical Diagrams, all of Ambience 6 (Total Ambience = 66), which was the minimum required to give the room “Focused +3”.
However, in a larger room (approx 10×6 squares), I needed even more Mathematical Diagrams (Ambience = 84) to achieve “Focused +3”.
|Creating a Confident Painting|
A sim may also get an additional emotional buff (Emotion +1) by viewing the emotional painting. For example, viewing a Mathematical Diagram of Ambience 4 and above, regardless of whether the aura is turned on or off, gives the sim a “Centered by Art” (Focused +1) moodlet that lasts for 4 hours.
A sim who completes the “Painter Extraordinaire” Lifetime Wish receives the “Expressionistic” bonus trait, which allows them to create any Emotional Painting anytime, regardless of their actual emotion at that time.
At the time of this post, there is no option to create an “Energized Painting”, but there are career reward objects that give off the Energized Aura:
– Off the Charts Music Award, §720, Energized +5, Entertainer/Music/L6
– You’ve Got Talent Award, §745, Energized +5, Entertainer/Comedy/L6
– All Star Trophy, §770, Energized +4, Athlete/Pro/L8
– MVP Trophy, §2000, Energized +7, Athlete/Pro/L10
In addition, here is a non-exhaustive list of other career rewards that give off other emotional auras:
– Computer Hard Drive, §115, Focused +2, Tech Guru/L3
– Innovator’s Award for Excellence in Science, §525, Focused +4, Tech Guru/L6
– Premium Prima Ballerina, §2190, Inspired +9, Painter/Master of the Real/L9
– Bars of Gold, §890, Playful +6, Criminal/Boss/L7
– The Monolith, $1580, Confident +8, Astronaut/Smuggler/L8
Sims 4 Game Guides